Exclusive Photos: OAP Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi Launch Her shoe Line 'Gbemisoke Shoes' - NewsHelm Nigeria

Exclusive Photos: OAP Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi Launch Her shoe Line 'Gbemisoke Shoes'

 Award winning Radio/ TV OAP  Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi   have   launched her shoe line...Yes I repeat HER SHOE LINE!!  The talented Bea...

 Award winning Radio/ TV OAP Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi have launched her shoe line...Yes I repeat HER SHOE LINE!! 

The talented Beat FM OAP launched her shoe line 'Gbemisokeshoes' on Jumia and Konga....

 Gbemi shared her fairy tale story about her passion for shoes; Read below :

Hands up if you were ever taken to Balogun market or any other market as a child to find new school shoes or "Christmas shoes" . My mom would hold my hand tight and we would go from stall to stall looking for nice shoes. I did not like the process at all. The market was rowdy , noisy and the shoe seller would always push my feet into the shiny ,patent (and almost always tight) shoes and say "it's your size ! Fine girl , Fine shoe!" Meanwhile my poor toes would be crying ���� I also had lovely aunties who lived abroad and they would send me beautiful shoes BUT they never fit! I guess they just never asked what my shoe size was , they would buy the shoes thinking I would "grow into them" not knowing that my feet were "already grown" LOL When I turned 12, I refused to go shopping with mom for clothes or shoes. I went with friends or my young Aunt Lola. Clothes shopping were a breeze but shoe shopping in Lagos was very annoying and disappointing. There were lots of pretty shoes but they never had my size or they would have a size smaller. The shoes they had in my size were usually ugly and looked like canoes ���������� When I travelled to the U.S for school, one of the things I was extra excited about was going to the mall! I would spend hours at the mall looking for the perfect shoes. As usual , finding clothes were easy but shoes were still tough to find. Many times I would end up buying shoes that were a size smaller all because I liked them and they didn't have my size . I would stuff my feet in the shoes and endure pain. At least the shoes were pretty ������ When I did find shoes in my size , I would buy them in every color I could find! The hassle of finding cute shoes when you wear a U.S11 in shoes ! It was much easier in the summer because I could buy smaller sizes and get away with them because they were open toe styles or sling backs . The winter months were not funny�� When I moved back to Nigeria, I faced the shoe issue again. I would go to boutiques and see shoes that were easily $30 in the U.S (N4,000-N4,500 due to the dollar rate at that time) being sold here in Lagos for N20,000!! When I would travel for work or vacation, I took

She continued:
 

Looking at my @gbemisokeshoes �� . Available on @jumiafashion @shopkonga ��#Gbemisoke #gbemioo ----> When I moved back to Nigeria, I faced the shoe issue again. I would go to boutiques and see shoes that were easily $30 in the U.S (N4,000-N4,500 due to the dollar rate at that time) being sold here in Lagos for N20,000!! When I would travel for work or vacation, I took an extra suitcase for shoes. Yes! An extra suitcase ! And I would hit the mall to look for all the colors available in my size and buy ! In 2012, I started buying and selling shoes for women with big feet like me. I sold those through Twitter , BBM and Facebook mostly. I knew that I would one day start my own shoe line but I had no idea how to start. For two years, I did a lot of research , travelled a lot, spoke to lots of women and I'm happy to say Gbémisókè was born! There are a lot more styles and colors coming! Not just these two colors! Please bear with us. Everyone has a sister or a friend who has big feet. Please introduce her to Gbémisókè. The shoes are available on Jumia and Konga (just search for Gbemisoke) and you fill find them. http://www.jumia.com.ng/gbemisoke/ http://www.konga.com/trendy-pointy-ladies-flats-1576034 http://www.konga.com/trendy-pointy-ladies-flats-1575995 I didn't want to have a "luxury line" because let's be honest, only a small fraction of Nigerians can afford it. I wanted something affordable ! Times are hard ! �� Thanks for reading 



Related

photos 6869630846002050986

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Hot in week

Recent

Comments

item