Janice Dickinson Suing Bill Cosby for Defamation, ‘Justice and Vindication’ - NewsHelm Nigeria

Janice Dickinson Suing Bill Cosby for Defamation, ‘Justice and Vindication’

Janice Dickinson  is fighting for justice, and suing her alleged rapist  Bill Cosby for defamation and emotional distress. Dickinson i...

Janice Dickinson is fighting for justice, and suing her alleged rapist Bill Cosbyfor defamation and emotional distress.
Dickinson is one of more than 30 women who have come forward stating that they were sexually assaulted by Cosby, and is now taking legal action.
While the statue of limitations is long over (and they cannot file criminal charges), Dickinson told Entertainment Tonight in an exclusive interview (see video below), “I’m suing Bill Cosby for justice and vindication.”
Her lawyer Lisa Bloom added,
What sparked this lawsuit is Bill Cosby, through his representatives, calling Janice Dickinson a liar. And Janice, through her lawsuit, is refusing to be revictimized. She alleges that she was drugged and raped by Bill Cosby, and then revictimized again when he publicly called her a liar. That’s wrong, and that’s what she’s suing about.
Dickinson added further, “I am sober today. And I’m in a program of vigorous honesty, and I want to protect all those women that haven’t come forward, and show them love and support worldwide.”
Back in November, the 60-year-old modelcame forward saying that the 77-year-old comedian drugged and raped her in Lake Tahoe in 1982. She recalled that Cosby gave her a glass of red wine and a pill because she was suffering from menstrual cramps.
Then, the horrifying recollection:
The next morning I woke up, and I wasn’t wearing my pajamas, and I remember before I passed out thinking that I had been sexually assaulted by this man. Before I woke up in the morning, the last thing I remember was Bill Cosby in a patchwork robe, dropping his robe and getting on top of me. And I remember a lot of pain. The next morning I remember waking up with my pajamas off and there was semen in between my legs.
Cosby’s lawyers fired back at Dickinson,stating, “Janice’s story accusing Bill Cosby of rape is a complete lie. There is documentary proof that Janice Dickinson is fabricating and lying about Bill Cosby.”
Dickinson commented to ET, “The fact that he and his spokespeople have called me a liar, referring to remarks that I’ve made, it’s just not correct. I want to fight this. I’m not being paid anything monetarily to do this. It’s just the right thing to do.”
Her lawyer added, “All Janice asked for initially was a retraction. Take back the statement calling her a liar. She is not a liar. They refused even to do that…All she can do is file a civil lawsuit at this point, because no criminal charges can be filed.”
The lawsuit is set to be filed in California on Wednesday. She is requesting a jury trial and an unspecified amount of money.

Cosby has not been charged in any criminal case until now. He recently broke his silence on the allegations, albeit incredibly incoherently and through gibberish.

Related

entertainment 6252711164052346376

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Hot in week

Recent

Comments

item