Man's Instagram Eulogy To His Curvy Wife Sparks Huge Backlash Online - NewsHelm Nigeria

Man's Instagram Eulogy To His Curvy Wife Sparks Huge Backlash Online

A husband posted what he believed was an innocent message praising his "curvy wife" and declaring his love for her and her body ...

A husband posted what he believed was an innocent message praising his "curvy wife" and declaring his love for her and her body but what he did not expect was the backlash that followed from social media users who felt his post was inappropriate.

Robbie Tripp, who describes himself as a "husband to a curvy goddess", posted an image of he and his wife on Instagram, along with the controversial message which generated widespread criticism. In the message, the American entrepreneur explained that he's always loved curvy women since he was a teenager and as he grew older and came to understand feminism he learned "curvy" women could be sexy.

He wrote: "I love this woman and her curvy body. As a teenager, I was often teased by my friends for my attraction to girls on the thicker side, ones who were shorter and curvier, girls that the average (basic) bro might refer to as "chubby" or even "fat."

"Then as I became a man and started to educate myself on issues such as feminism and how the media marginalizes women by portraying a very narrow and very specific standard of beauty (thin, tall, lean), I realised how many men have bought into that lie. For me, there is nothing sexier than this woman here: thick thighs, big booty, cute little side roll etc."
After he shared the photo an argument started on social media, with some people thinking the message was inappropriate while others thought it was a sweet message.

Julia Pugachevsky, sex and relationships editor of Cosmopolitan magazine, tweeted: "Strong contender for least fave type of male feminist is 'man who thinks liking a curvy woman is revolutionary'."
She continued: "People should date who they want! But mentioning a person's 'otherness' (be it weight, race, gender) makes it seem like you want a medal."

"Finding non-size-zero women attractive does not make a man a good person. It just makes him not an idiot," she added.
Other social media users hit out at Mr Tripp for suggesting his wife is not a “normal” size, and for objectifying women’s bodies.
One outraged Twitter user wrote: "Um she isn't what I'd call big... My legs look like hers and I wear a size 10. I'd like to dub that as 'average' and 'normal'."
YouTube blogger Kat Blaque weighed in on the argument. In a post that has been retweeted more than 20,000 times, she wrote: "I would dump a guy so quickly for patting himself on the back for having the audacity to date me."
Others defended Mr Tripp, with one commenter saying: "I love this so much. I'm tired of people getting offended by everything and anything. This is a beautiful post and we need more men like you in the world."
Another wrote: "That's so awesome. If you change one man or woman's way of looking at others or themselves you have done an amazing thing."

Related

news 180070102998996101

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Hot in week

Recent

Comments

item