I did not do liposuction –Bimbo Akintola - NewsHelm Nigeria

I did not do liposuction –Bimbo Akintola

Iconic actress, Bimbo Akintola, was recently spotted at an event looking trimmed down and ravishing. Known to spark off controversy, it...

Iconic actress, Bimbo Akintola, was recently spotted at an event
looking trimmed down and ravishing. Known to spark off
controversy, it was not surprising when many people attributed
her new looks to liposuction.

When confronted with the question, the actress explained that
her new look was as a result of rigorous hours of exercises.

She said, “I do a lot of exercise. I did not do liposuction. If you
go to Eko Gym, I am usually there by 5:40am and I work out for
hours. But anytime I am shooting a movie, I hardly have time to
go to the gym.”

The actress who played the part of Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh in the
critically acclaimed movie, 93 Days, told Saturday Beats that so
far, that role has been the toughest she has embarked on in her
career.

“The storyline was great but it was a difficult task because we
had to act like some people, some of them are not with us any
longer. Also, the fact that they did so much to save us during the
Ebola crisis made it a tough job. They did not choose to become
heroes but when they realised what was happening, that the
Ebola virus was in the country, they did not run away. They
stood up to the challenge and became heroes and heroines. We
must understand that some of them died for us, so we must
respect that and honour them. It was a very challenging role for
me. I had to portray Dr. Adadevoh’s courage. I had to show that
she was a mother to so many people and she had principles by
which she lived.

“I had to show her stubbornness because if she was not
stubborn, the story would have been totally different and those
are what I tried to channel; show people who she was, her
ideals and beliefs. It is my most challenging role. I think it is
extremely important that we tell our own stories. Other people
cannot tell it like we would do. I am tired of people telling our
story for us, so when I was approached with the script, I was
very excited. Then it dawned on me after reading the script and
realising what she did, I began to shake. I began to have
nightmares. She was such an amazing woman,” she said.

Culled From The Punch

Related

celebs and gossip 6374614161107343387

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Hot in week

Recent

Comments

item