NBC Ban on my song has little effect on me –Reminisce - NewsHelm Nigeria

NBC Ban on my song has little effect on me –Reminisce

Rave-of-the-moment artiste, Reminisce, has spoken out for the first time on the ban of his song, Tesojue , by the Nigeria Broadcasting Co...

Rave-of-the-moment artiste, Reminisce, has spoken out for the
first time on the ban of his song, Tesojue , by the Nigeria
Broadcasting Commission. According to the artiste, the ban has
little or no effect on his career.


He said, “The ban on my song, Tesojue , actually makes little or
no difference. The song was released last year and it enjoyed
airplay towards the end of last year and early this year. I am not
someone who often goes to a radio station with my songs, so
the effect is very minimal. Although it is very disappointing, it
has little or no effect on my career or creative flow. There are
songs that I make and do not give to radio stations. When you
get famous to a certain extent, presenters go out of their way to
download your song and play it on their shows. I really
appreciate those that do that because they do it out of love. But
whenever I submit my songs to radio stations, I make sure they
are clean. For those that are not clean, I make sure I re-record
them and edit the vulgar part for public consumption on the
radio.”



The rapper appealed to the NBC to give a clear guideline as to
what is approved for public consumption. He said it was unfair
on the part of the NBC to allow an artiste to spend millions of
naira to shoot a video only for it to be banned.

“I think NBC should try to hire people that understand the
industry because abroad, they also have these laws but once
the radio version is clean, they do not disturb the artistes. They
should create a screening board that would check our works and
inform us of the ones they feel are not for public consumption. It
is not fair that they make us go through the process of creating
a hit song, and shooting the video with millions and they later
tell us the song is banned. What have they been doing since?

They should consider us too because we spend a lot of money
putting these works together. As for me, it has minimal effects
but I am sure that there are a lot of people out there that it
really affects,” he said.

The artiste who buried his father about a week ago told Saturday
Beats that no day passes by without him missing his father.

“My father’s burial went well. I really miss him, especially his
advice. The one I would not forget in a hurry and always adhere
to is his advice that I should always ensure that I help as many
people as I can regardless of my situation,” he said.

Culled from The Punch

Related

celebs and gossip 7666054344935570616

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Hot in week

Recent

Comments

item